By Jesse James Malan
Using video to introduce your company to the world is integral to your success in the 21st century, as consumers rely more on visual rather than print content.
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, the largest social media channels in the world have all recently created video sharing features. These companies are well aware that online video is the future of content marketing and by embedding video in their native applications, consuming video content is easier than ever.
As you can see with Twitter for example, the proportion of Tweets which contain video is increasing rapidly as this marketing tool grows in popularity for both businesses and personal promotion.
Here are few interesting facts to take away:
- In July 2014, Facebook announced that video views exceeded 1 billion each day. That’s more views than YouTube in America alone
- 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be from video
- Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it
- An introductory company email that includes a video enjoys a 96% increase in click-through rate
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales and communication
Ultimately the question you need to ask yourself: Would you rather watch a punchy 2-3 minute video or read an 8-page document giving you the same information?
It’s a no brainer right?